This is the name of a Windows application I am working on in my spare time. The objective is to develop a navigation software using OpenStreetMap and OpenSeaMap tiles with the ability to:
- Download GRIB files;
- Compute optimal trajectory for the current Ship vs winds and currents;
- Receive GPS signal from an antenna connected to the PC;
- Still allow classical navigation methods like marks bearing and celestial navigation;
- MOB feature.
LeONAR is in its very early stages of development. It is currently limited to:
- OpenStreetMap and OpenSeaMap overlay display using OpenLayers;
- Cefsharp component cache activated allowing offline map display;
- GNSS antenna RMC messages parsing;
- User position/heading display and update, with lock on feature.
Development language is VB.NET with CefSharp component running HTML5/CSS/JS. Future versions are expected to be multi-platform using Electron.
More to come!
- OpenLayers 6.4.3 : https://openlayers.org/
- OpenStreetMap: https://www.openstreetmap.fr/
- OpenSeaMap: https://www.openseamap.org/index.php?id=31&L=3
- Farm-fresh icons set: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Farm-Fresh_web_icons