This is the name of a Windows application I am working on in my spare time. The objective is to develop a navigation software using OpenStreetMap and OpenSeaMap tiles with the ability to:
- Download GRIB files;
- Compute optimal trajectory for the current Ship vs winds and currents;
- Receive GPS signal from an antenna connected to the PC;
- Still allow classical navigation methods like marks bearing and celestial navigation;
- MOB feature.
LeONAR is in its very early stages of development. It is currently limited to:
- Asynchronous download of OSM and OSeaM tiles to AppData cache from tiles server;
- Asynchronous tiles display;
- Map object selection by clicking on the map;
- Correctly manage the coordinates system;
- Export/load user data from XML-format file;
- Retrieving GPS position, COG and SOG from connected antenna (only displaying in GPS data form for the time being).
More to come!